The Victoria Royals will face off against their BC Division rivals, the Kelowna Rockets, on Friday and Saturday night. Friday’s contest is Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Night, while Saturday’s game is Health and Fitness Night.
TURNING THE PAGE: Since the holiday break, the Victoria Royals have seen success as the club has posted a record of 12-5-0-1. In 18 games after the break, Victoria’s powerplay has gone 19/76=25.0% and has tallied two or more powerplay goals on six occasions during that span. Royals’ Captain Matthew Phillips leads the club with 32 points (14g-18a) since the holidays, which includes 12 multi-point nights and at least a point in 17 of those 18 games.
- 300: Last Saturday, Victoria’s Tyler Soy (139g-161a) became the first player in franchise history to reach the 300-point plateau. Soy is also one goal away from tying former Chilliwack Bruin Ryan Howse’s all-time franchise record for most career goals at 140. Earlier this season, Soy became the franchise’s leader in points and assists when he surpassed former Royal and Bruin Brandon Magee in both categories.
FRIDAY – CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION NIGHT – 7:05 PM
The Royals and the Canadian Mental Health Association – BC Division (CMHA) have teamed up to raise awareness about the importance of mental health. Friday’s game will feature:
- A CMHA-run kiosk so fans can learn about mental health
- Slideshow featuring Royals players and the importance of mental health
Wheaton GM Trike Race (second intermission)
- Three contestants will race around the ice on tri-cycles for a chance to win a prize package, courtesy of Wheaton GM.
SATURDAY – HEALTH AND FITNESS NIGHT – 7:05 PM
Health and fitness initiatives and organizations will be set up in the concourse throughout the game. Displays from GoodLife Fitness, Camosun College Athletic & Exercise Therapy Clinic, Vibes Fitness, Times Colonist 10k, Crossfit Zone, Victoria City Rowing Club and Innovative Fitness will also be present at the game.
GoodLife Fitness Relay Race (second intermission)
- Fans will compete in a relay race for a chance to win a three-month gym membership at GoodLife Fitness
Chuck a Puck (second intermission)
- One night stay at Villa Eyrie Resort, located at the summit of the Malahat and valued at over $200.
- Mt. Washington Prize Pack
The Royals are in action tonight as they battle the Portland Winterhawks at the Moda Center in Portland, OR with puck drop set for 7:00 p.m.
Group together and save big. Ask about the benefits and savings on our great packages for groups of eight or more! For full details call the Royals’ Ticketing Office at 250-220-7889 or email them at email@example.com.