© Copyright - 2016 - Victoria Sports News
Tuesday night at Pearkes Recreation Centre Victoria area pickleball players formed the first official pickleball association for Greater Victoria, called the Victoria Regional Pickleball Association (VRPA).
A seven member Board of Directors was elected from a group of nine nominees.
Election results are as follows:
President - Trish Main
Vice-President - Denis Harrigan
Treasurer - Jan Bergen
Secretary - Suzanne Creighton
Director - Al Thomson
Director - Heather Hood
Director - Malcolm Macaulay
The Board of Directors will hold their first meeting on October 3rd at 2:45 PM at Cedar Hill Rec Centre when they will launch the efforts of the Association.
On April 11, 2016 an ad-hoc collective of area pickleball players created an online survey asking the overarching question that informed the questionnaire, “Does Victoria need a Pickleball Association.”
- represent pickleball players in the Victoria area
- negotiate access to places to play indoors
- advocate for dedicated outdoor courts
- organize pickleball leagues
- organize and support pickelball ladders
- implement a process for player ratings