The Victoria Shamrocks have confirmed that Victoria Shamrocks Alumni Bert Bertoia has been added to the first ever Lacrosse Hot Stove as one of their guests on at the Metropolitan Bar & Grill, located inside the Four Points Sheraton. The event will take place April 18 from 6:30-9:00 pm.
Bertoia played for the Shamrocks for three seasons from 1957 to 1959. He was one of the leading scorers each year. Bertoia helped the Shamrocks win the Mann cup in 1957 and went on to coach the team in 1966, 1970 and 1971.
The event will be headlined by Shamrocks’ alumni and players taking to the stage to tell stories from their lacrosse careers, as well as answer questions from fans in attendance.
Bertoia will join current Shamrocks players on stage Rhys Duch Corey Small, and Tyler Burton and Shamrocks’ alumni Kevin Alexander and Grant Hamilton. Alexander was a member of a pair of Shamrocks’ Mann Cup victories back in 1979 and 1983 and led the Western Lacrosse Association in scoring five of six years from 1980 to 1985 and was inducted into the British Columbia Sports Hall of Fame in 2013. Hamilton was named the WLA most valuable player, leading Victoria to their ninth league championship in 1997.
The evening will be emceed by veteran radio personality and lacrosse fan Steve Duffy, along with Victoria Shamrocks’ alumni and play-by-play voice of the Shamrocks, Teddy Jenner.
There are a limited amount of tickets with proceeds from the event will go towards the Shamrocks alumni. The evening includes a choice of one of the four delicious meals and a drink.
Tickets and information are available for $50 at www.victoriashamrocks.com, calling 250-478-7625 or stopping in at the team store at 967 Langford Parkway.
- PRIME RIB BURGER: With bacon and cheese, Green Salad or Fries.
- GUINNESS BEEF DIP: Slow Roasted Roast Beef, Caramelized Onions, Swiss cheese and a Guinness Au Jus, Salad or Fries
- GINGER BEEF BOWL: Ginger-Tare Glazed Beef with Peppers, Onions, Peas and Crispy Ginger, Coconut-Green Tea infused Jasmine Rice.
- STEAK SANDWICH AND FRIES: 6 oz New York Steak, Grilled Focaccia, Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms, Salad or Fries
- MET Clubhouse: Seasoned Chicken Breast, Smoked Bacon, Cheddar, Chipotle mayo, Arugula, Tomato, Grilled Focaccia, Salad or Fries