The Victoria Royals today announced that the club has received a conditional pick in the 2021 WHL Bantam Draft from the Swift Current Broncos for forward Tyler Lees (2000).
So far this season, the native of Regina, SK has collected three points (1g-2a) in 27 games with the Royals. He was originally acquired by Victoria, in a trade with the Saskatoon Blades, this past July.
The 5-11, 170 lb forward has played in 66 career WHL games, split between the Royals and Blades, and has recorded four goals and three assists. He was selected by Saskatoon in the fifth round, 94th overall, in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.
Victoria will return home from their longest road trip of the season to face the Kamloops Blazers on Wednesday and Friday. The Royals will also host the Western Conference-leading Everett Silvertips on Saturday. Puck drop for all three games is at 7:05 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW – ROYALS vs. BLAZERS & SILVERTIPS THIS WEEK
Victoria hosts Kamloops on Wednesday & Friday, Everett on Saturday; Friday’s game is Country Night.
- Victoria Royals (20-15-1-0), 2nd in BC Division
- Wednesday & Friday Opponent – Kamloops Blazers (15-19-2-1), 4th in BC Division.
- Saturday Opponent – Everett Silvertips (31-8-1-1), 1st in Western Conference.
- Wednesday, Student Night presented by Coast Capital Savings Tickets – bit.ly/2VIFo1s
- Friday, Country Night presented by RE/MAX Tickets – bit.ly/2CVSEIv
- Saturday Tickets – bit.ly/2Fec2SK
- Puck drop for all three games– 7:05 p.m.
Kamloops Quick Hits (Wednesday & Friday):
- NHL Affiliated Players – Dylan Ferguson (Vegas), Jermaine Loewen (Dallas).
- NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List – Martin Lang and Quinn Schmiemann (projected fourth to seventh round).
- Island Connections – Dylan Garand (Victoria), Sean Strange (Victoria), Dylan Ferguson (Lantzville).
Everett Quick Hits (Saturday):
- NHL Affiliated Players – Riley Sutter (Washington), Connor Dewar (Minnesota), Wyatte Wylie (Philadelphia).
- NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List – Gianni Fairbrother and Dustin Wolf (projected fourth to seventh round).
- Island Connections – Jalen Price (Campbell River).
- Friday – Upon arrival, the first 2,000 fans will receive a Royals’ themed bandana courtesy of RE/MAX. Royals’ Ticket Pack Holders including Season Tickets, Half-Season Tickets and the Great Eight Fan Pack, will have first access to the bandanas from 6:00-6:30 p.m. when they show their Gift & Giveaway Card.
- Friday – Local country singer Bryce Allan will be performing live music before puck drop at Gate 1. Line dancing will also be available.
- Wednesday – This season, every Royals’ Wednesday home game is Student Night presented by Coast Capital Savings. All high school and post-secondary students (aged 13+) who show ID when they visit the box-office to purchase a Student Night ticket qualify for discounts, contests and giveaways. Students are also encouraged to visit the Coast Capital Savings table, at select Student Night games, to enter a season-long draw to win a great prize.
- Chuck-A-Puck (all three games):
- A 1-night stay @ Villa Eyrie.
- Wednesday Second Intermission: Wheaton GMC Trike Race – Three fans will race tricycles around the ice for a chance to win a prize pack courtesy of Wheaton GMC.
- Friday Second Intermission: “Yee-haw” like a Cowboy Contest – Three fans will demonstrate their best country holler for a chance to win a signed Royals’ jersey courtesy of RE/MAX. The crowd will vote on their favorite yee-haw to decided the winner.