Important Notice: The December/January schedule for Pickleball at PISE is as follows:
- December 4th -- Cancelled
- December 11th & 18th -- Regular Competitive and Recreational Sessions - 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- December 25th & January 1st -- Cancelled
- January 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th -- Revised session format (4 Courts Only) - 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Format to be confirmed.
Details for the next PISE session are as follows:
When: Between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM on Sunday 27th November.
Where: PISE is located at 4371 Interurban Road (next to the Interurban Camosun College campus). Click this link for a map.
Session Format: Five courts will be available for Competitive Play and three courts will be availablefor Recreational Play. Competitive and recreational sessions will run concurrently. See below for a description of session formats.
Cost of Admission: The cost of attending either session is $8 (including GST).
Reservations: On-line reservations can be made after 9:00 AM on the Friday preceding the session and before 11:00 AM on the Sunday on which the session is held. Reservations can also be made by phone:
- To make an on-line reservation for the Competitive Session click here ... after 9:00 AM this coming Friday.
- To make an on-line reservation for the Recreational Session click here ... after 9:00 AM this coming Friday.
- To reserve by phone, call 250-220-2510 after 9:00 AM this coming Friday, ask to book for the Sunday afternoon pickleball session and quote #3740 for the Competitive Session, or #3741 for the Recreational Session.
Each week we will update this note to include the information you need to make future reservations. Please note that these links and reference numbers can not be used to book sessions after 27th November. Players may also drop-in at 2:00 PM on Sunday, without making a reservation, however if the session is full they may be unable to participate.
Sessions are not transferable and refunds cannot be provided for missed sessions.
Description of Session Formats
The Competitive Session will be limited to 25 participants, and will be an open ladder competition intended to provide a challenging and competitive playing experience for advanced 3.5 level players and above. Guidelines are attached, as is a copy of the scorecard used to record scores/results of this session. It is recommended that players attending this session familiarize themselves with these guidelines before playing, and print a copy of the scorecard. Competitive players are asked to be booked-in, hydrated, washroom visits completed, and ready to play by 2:00 PM.
The Recreational Session will be limited to 18 participants, and is intended to provide an inclusive and fun playing experience for beginner, novice and recreational players whose skill level is novice 3.5 or below. As well as ranked courts (2.0 and 3.0/3.5), a training court and instruction will be available to those who are new, or relatively new, to pickleball making this an ideal venue at which to learn and advance in the sport. (Please Note: Competitive and higher level players are also welcome to participate in recreational play but must "play down" as appropriate to the ranking of the court on which they are playing).
- Equipment (paddles and balls) will be available.
- The organizers for this session are Marilyn Moen, James Guzzo and RIck Adie.
- Parking is free at PISE on Sundays
- Those participants who have not already done so must complete a PISE Waiver Form prior to playing. A copy of this form can be requested from the reception desk when you arrive. [A]